So this is a different post for me that’s for sure. I would have never thought that I would be shaving my face at 27 years old, let alone EVER! I am here to tell you if you haven’t discovered it, girrrrrll you are missing out! Last year I was walking through Winners in the beauty section and found these different style razors and had to know what they were all about. From the moment I tried them on my skin, I was hooked! If you have never had a dermaplaning exfoliating facial, then you are in for a treat. The glow up is real babes!
There are so many tips and tricks for shaving your face and I have found the ones that work best for me and listed them out for you below to get the best shave and to leave your skin feeling as smooth as ever! Not to mention your makeup goes on perfect as well…
Here are my top 5 tips on how to shave your face & lips:
- Wash your face with warm water and an oil based cleanser if you have one. This helps open up your pores and allows for a smooth shave.
Tip: If you want to shave your lips, put my holy grail lip mask on while you shave your face to moisturize them and come back.
- Take the razor, I use these, they are my favourite, and start wherever you feel comfortable. I usually do my upper lip first and then work my way up my face. I shave with the razor facing down and on a slight angle for the best results. There’s a tutorial saved to my Instagram highlights for reference.
- Once you have completed your face, move on to your lips. This is a funny one because most people would use a sugar scrub or nothing at all but I find shaving the dead skin off your lips leaves them the most smooth and lipstick goes on beautifully. Again, the lip mask is key because you want to ensure you don’t cut yourself in the process. I use the mask every single night because its THAT good. You do the same with the razor vertical, slowly slide it along your lips and you will see the lip mask sliding off along with the dead skin. It’s so satisfying!!
- Once you have completed both your lips and full face you’ll want to wash your face to get rid of any excess skin or hair left over. I have been using the Tatcha Deep Cleanse Exfoliating Cleanser and really love that it lightly exfoliates and is a clean beauty product.
- Moisturize! This is so important whether or not you are shaving or washing your face to help with preventing wrinkles. My favourites right now are Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Moisturizer with Ceramide for the evening, Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion in the morning, and Sunday Riley Auto Correct Eye Cream. They are pricey but in my opinion skin care is very important and I have done my research on these brands.
I am not a doctor. When shaving anywhere else on your body you know how to do this and the odd time I’m sure we have all nicked our ankles or knees. BE CAREFUL and don’t rush. Moisturizing is key here!
What do you think?